AutoCAD is simply defined as a Computer- Aided Design software application for 2D and 3D designs, and drafting. It is a vector- based drawing application intended for engineering purposes which runs on graphic terminals connected to mainframe computers. AutoCAD is the first CAD program to run on personal computers.
AutoCAD is a means of creating theoretical designs, practical drawings, and documentation in many industries. It fits any design solution that requires a general, customizable drafting, and design tool.
AutoCAD users are usually designers, architects, engineers, land planners, contractors, facility managers, educational institutions, and students whose line of study is related to the professions aforementioned.
The latest version of AutoCAD is the civil 3D.
The benefits of using AutoCAD are as follows:
- Saves time, money, and reduce errors with dynamic engineering model.
- Reduces purchase, deployment, and support costs with one complete solution.
- Increases value to clients by delivering more design alternatives in less time.
- Creates production sheets faster.
- Production drafting is always in sync with the design.
- Completes projects faster and reduce the chance of coordination errors.
- Builds a foundation for your custom solution.
- Clearly communicates design intent and complete final proposals with realistic 3D rendering.